Friday 27 May 2011

Camera Not Important

Since digital era arrived, we see new cameras every week. Image resolution improved from 1 mega pixel to 12 Mega pixel, cameras with different functions flocking the shops to get consumers to spend another USD1 k on something they will only need once in while.
I admit I am not a good photographer, I enjoy taking picture and to create images pleasing to the eye. There is never a master piece, but I happened to like playing around with cameras, therefore I have quite a collection of different cameras over the years.
My flavour of the month constantly changing. Yesterday I took the Leica M9 and an old Noctilux F1.0 to Botanical garden.
The Noct has been with me for 4 -5 years, yet I have only shot with it once before yesterday. Mainly because if I am not going to use F1, I can always bring a smaller, lighter e.g.  F1.4 Summilux instead. I decided to shoot in daylight, got myself a 8x ND filter, and went to shoot flowers and people. since this is the first post there is nothing really meaningful to say yet. will post pictures from my day to day life and give key notes on the picture.
Although I mentioned various camera brand and make, this is not a blog to discuss cameras, there are too many, but no blog which discuss how and why a picture is taken. The thinking process of the photographer is meaningful to discuss than about camera, thus camera is not important, you all have the best creative camera i.e. your eyes, how to capture this is important, therefore I hope will be the key theme of the post. I hope my friends can help me to gradually build this blog to stay away on spending time on which camera, which len, which film, which this.., which that...
It is all in the mind, if you see it you will get it, if you do not see it, there is no way an SWC, or Noctilux can create it for you.
Please stay in tune.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home