Friday 27 May 2011

Strawberry

This is a solid proof that modern point and shoot camera is as good as anything. Especially if you are using one with a large sensor.
This was shot during my business trip to taipei. Yes, I try to bring a camera anywhere I go. I was bored by taiwan television after dinner, went out to the 24 hour book store. Right next to the entrance, there was a hawker selling strawberry. This is not about the picture of the hawker selling strawberry, but about the strawberry itself.



Okay I know this is not a technically perfect picture of food, but I have to claim that this is as good as it can be. The strawberries were put inside a white bowl directly under the table lamp. The table lamp provided a single light source, the white bowl acted as a reflector to lighten the shadow. Colour balance need to be changed to tungsten, however it was still not exactly correct, therefore I used manual colour balance adjustment until the red and green both appeared to be right.

Now hold your breath, the camera used was not a technical camera with specialized macro len but a point and shoot Canon S90. (don't go out to buy one, because it has been replaced by S95, by the way, sorry that there is no link to Amazon).

After such a long while, my mouth still feel watery when I see this picture, was it by accident or my skill? I cannot tell, but I love the picture, I hope your senses are filled with the taste, sight and smell of strawberry. (dedicated to Shireen Ng, who inspired this blog)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home