Friday 15 July 2011

Marina Bay Area

A nice little walk on sunday afternoon is very relaxing especially when you realised that there are so many interesting building to picture.

Start with the landscape.


So much is the build up at Marina Bay area it is like visiting another city, I kept shooting until the film ran out. This was not a digital shot, so there were post processing done at home which took another weekend, but what I get is a picture with stunning detail. This was from film.


Under the bright sun, colours pop out without any adjustment, the colour saturation is very rich. A lot of people has taken pictures of MBS but most of them are quite simply snap shots , which is generally another picture of the three pillars. I was lucky when there was a weekend carnival with colourful balloon as decoration. This was a shot which will most likely non-repeatable. Ask ourselves when we take landscape pictures, especially of buildings, whether we can repeat the same picture if we stand at the same spot tomorrow, if the answer is not repeatable, then likely the picture is acceptable. So is this picture repeatable the next day? The answer is no.

OK let me bore you with another picture which is possibly repeatable, therefore I try to use a different angle to make it interesting.


The same landscape, but using a different foreground will give a different picture. The building in front helped to cover up most of the sky which is a main source of boring pictures.


Since I also have female readers, I have to show something colourful. This was taken the second week after the lovely picture of another flower bud I posted about 2 weeks ago. I did not have my telephoto len with me, so this is a crop of the original picture. The camera used was a digital camera with 10 mega pixels. The crop is about 1/20 of the original picture, yet the result is quite acceptable. The quality of the picture is like taking this same shot with a point and shoot camera.

More to post..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home