Saturday 23 July 2011

Air-Land Travelling

Have been away for the new job training, not possible to post anything without first go through the digital workflow to maximize the picture-ability before posting.


The camera is my trusted Olympus EPL-1 with Panasonic 20mm F1.7. The picture was taken inside the HK-Guangzhou speed train. (Speed mean fast, but not high speed which is faster, and then the ultra high speed which mean fastest. Just like in the financial business there is priority segment, high net worth, then ultra high net worth). I reached GZ in 2 hours, which is ok but not too good or too bad. Not worth to remember.



On the way back, we stopped at the HK/Shenzhen border for a while, and sat side by side with a local train, I think this one is neighbourhood service because I saw a lot of passenger standing.


But yet, there is still food available. So is toilet. However, once the train touches Hong Kong track, the toilet is not available. Please do not try to walk on the rail track when you are in China , firstly it is not safe with so many different trains speeding along, and secondly it is contaminated with organic fertilizer.


Now for something more pleasant.

When I am on business, or travelling by air on J class, I always sit at the window. Many pictures were taken of the cloud, the wing, the engine, the moon, but non happened as fast and dramatic as today. We were asked to stay up at 41,000 feet to make space for the air parade rehearsal preparing for the Singapore national day celebration. While the A380 was cruising, the sun was setting. I saw a bright light suddenly beamed from the cloud and I quickly dashed to the floor to grap my camera from my briefcase. Everything was in automatic mode, I tried to let the camera focus at the rim of the window to show details and contrast made by the beam. I know this picture is not repeatable, therefore I kept shooting using different composition, different angle , different focus points. Here are a few which is after post processing. I like the second picture best.




Watching sunset in the plane.


Even a boring window frame which I am sure not many passenger notice that it is oval with double glass gets interesting with the sun light.

Putting sunset and the plane engine in the same picture.

1 Comments:

At 29 July 2011 at 07:09 , Blogger KT said...

It must have been very difficult to capture this series of photos in such a short span of time, especially the 2nd photo as the sun was emerging; it really catches the eye. I like the 1st photo as it reminds us that no matter how hard life is, we must stay positive and believe that good things will eventually come our way.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home