Sunday 29 May 2011

Knowing your Camera

Just have too much to say. I have 2 posts today, it is Sunday and the start of Great Singapore Sales. You get more for less.


Yesterday I mentioned about using less colour to re-create the sense of black and white, and a few days ago about converting colour picture to black and white. This is a picture of my daughter inside Singapore Art Museum. The exhibition is 高行健, one of the great modern artist. The paintings are chinese ink in western style. The corner is very quiet but no one (no guard) around. I made a quick measurement of the light, set the camera and took the picture in a matter of 2 seconds. Since I know my camera well, the setting and arrangement is almost like instinct. (This was taken in film , so there is only one shot).

After scanning, the colour of the shirt was still a bit strong so I reduced colour saturation to leave a tint of colour, the whole photo is almost black and white. One painting is almost white, one almost black. The wall is white, the floor is black, the shoe is white and black.

Due to the soft lighting the corner almost disappear, the whole picture is uniquely balance and simple, yet the mood of the serenity of the picture has projected into reality, thus the picture helps to recreate such a mood. (I hope at least)

1 Comments:

At 30 May 2011 at 04:24 , Blogger Budi said...

The more I read your blog, the more demoralized I get. To be a good photographer, one needs to have that artistic flair. I don't have. So how?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home