Tuesday 6 December 2011

Changing of Photo Style

It is interesting to change my shooting style. In Hong Kong I use my General External Receptor Camera, set everything to Black and White, increase the contrast by two notch in the camera. Friends who know which camera, please keep it to themselves because I shall not review any camera brand in this blog becuase the title is "Camera not Important".

Here is the result.





Since I am following the recommendation of www.Overgaard.dk, the setting is ISO 800, using a 21mm lens (equivalent to 31.5mm), Auto exposure, with some increase of exposure by 0.3 - 0.7 stop depending on the scene. Generally I found increasing by 0.3 can improve the shadow a bit, but in B/W picture, i am still not very clear how will the noise behave if underexpose.

The images are very refereshing because black and white pictures will take away the colour senses which sometimes distracts our eyes due to a brighter red, orange, yellow colour. In B/W everything is either light, shadow or grey. This is a new experience. What surprises me is the my General External Receptor Camera has rich black and white output. May be it is because it lacks anti-alias filter.

Will be shooting Okinawa in Black and White and see for the next few days.

BTW, I tried some street photo in B/W, due to my skill, the people all looks very tired, so I don't want to post pictures which I don't like. Will try next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home