Saturday 1 October 2011

New York (2)

This is the group from all over the world - Singapore, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, Miami, Sao Paulo, Geneva, London - not in order of importance. The picture was taken by a simple phone. However, this picture demonstrated such energy from everybody, the spontaneity, the body language - put this picture top of my list of group photos. The ladies in particular are dynamic.


A boring shot of the New York Harbour. I have seen this many times in magazine, in movies. When I was in front of it, the feeling of being there was so strong I just have to take this shot.


New York Harbour, exposure was good, the fire service ship added colour and some energy yet something has been missing.


Downtown view from the Empire State Building, took 30 minutes to wait for three different levels of lifts, but the view is worth it. I deliberately climbed the Empire State Building in late afternoon so that I could capture some interesting light. The lighting could be better, but when you go sight seeing, there is so much you can control, just go with the flow and make it memorable. I can remember this picture for a long time. Still - something is missing.


The same evening, I must go to a place which I wanted to be at for 10 years. Missed the turn and ended up at Wall Street. The light is green, but the stopping hand was a very special reflection of how the financial market behaves.

Finally, I reach the spot which is worth the whole trip. The memorial wall is on the side a a fire station which is next to World Trade Center. Obviously, they were the first to be called, the first to be there , and most likely the first to sacrifice. The picture with the image of the fireman pointing forward, leading to a living person paying tribute to the deceased made me running in tears. 
The sight seeing trip has come to the end. After the the training, I spent a few hours in the Metropolitan Museum of Art and was totally stunning by the wealth of the collections. As far as I can recall, no where in the world has such collection. That was another story to be told some time. If time allows. 

Adios!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home