Friday 17 June 2011

A Way to Train Seeing

I have been advising my friends that if we want to improve on our vision (mind you, I cannot claim that I am good, I am still learning) one way is to take out your digital camera, find a very common subject at home and shoot for 36 shots. Use different angle, close up, different lighting, different everything from everyshot. Doing so for a few times, you will not come and say that there is nothing to shoot.

There is one saying, photography is not to take a normal picture of a great subject , e.g. a lovely model, but to take a common subject to make it great. Give it some thoughts.


Frontal shot

Partial shot


side shot
inside shot


back shot

back floating shot
Book spine shot


Imagine the full name


Graphic shot


Book Title shot


Just the black part of the book spine


The publisher


You see a cross ?


The writer


Macro shot of the character


only partial shot.

I can go on forever, forcing me to think how to take this simple book.

Try to beat me with more shot of a book, you are welcomed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home